Thursday, December 6, 2007

Redd Foxx

Redd Foxx - 5" x 6" collograph print with à la poupée

The latest entry in the Hollywood icons series is actor/comedian Redd Foxx of Sanford and Son fame. A little research turned up Foxx was also an artist. To view some of his artwork click here to visit the official Redd Foxx website.
The plate for this print (below) was simply made of mat board and glue. This was a test to see if the detail required for a portrait could be captured in lines of glue. All the lines on the plate are glue applied with a fine applicator tip. When inking the plate, inks are applied with brushes and q-tips for most of the color. Then the "lines" are inked by top-rolling a dark color onto the raised lines of glue. Click on the image of the plate for more detail.

"Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you, honey!"

The plate after printing

Hot off the press


4 comments:

belindadelpesco.com said...

Beautifully done. You've captured him. And great process shots too!

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that singular make. The prices for the sneakers are about 340 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are around 350 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were all over 240 pounds on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?