Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Yoda 3 x 4" woodblock print with watercolor

The Hollywood icons series continues with the coolest puppet since Kermit... Yoda. Yoda first appeared in the 1980 blockbuster film The Empire Strikes Back (the best of all the Star Wars films, if you're keeping score).

just printed from the block

This woodblock print is printed in a couple of two-color combinations and also just in black relief ink and then watercolored.

two-color print in light and dark green


two-color print in green and black

4 comments:

Elin said...

Oh, thank God it is a wood block. As soon as I saw it I was afraid it was a monoprint and I would get into a bidding war with someone. I must have one. Really!

vickileigh said...

Wonderful print Victor. I love that little guy.

Do or do not -- There is no try.

I suppose that quote could apply to your art also.

belindadelpesco.com said...

Excellent work, & love the title. Amazed that you got so much detail in such a tiny block. He's perfect.

sports handicapping services said...

very very nice pictures I like your blog I want to see more