Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bare Hands Gallery presents...

Greetings, gentle readers! Sorry to have been away so long. I've been back in L.A. for a few weeks now, but after pushing so hard to get the show done I've been too burned out to blog.

Thanks to everyone who's been so supportive of this blog and to everyone who helped me pull this show off. It was a group effort and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

The show has been very well received and sold fairly well. Hopefully we'll sell a few more (since I just found out today that the show is going to remain up for another month! Thanks, Wendy!). The opening reception was very well attended. The 'Hollywood Icons' theme really came together with elements like a retro tv sculpture (pictured below), tv theme songs and movie soundtracks for music and even a popcorn machine. I saw many old friends and met some new ones. The evening was a wonderful, frenetic blur. I intended to take pictures of the reception, but again - blur. Luckily, pictures were taken at the reception and as soon as I get some of them I'll post them for your amusement. In the meantime, here's a few pics from the gallery.

Thanks again to everyone.

view from the front of the gallery


loose prints clipped to super-slick wiring system (thanks, Rashid!)


giant Kermit print


retro tv sculpture (thanks, UAB Theatre Dept. and OzWorks!)


woodblocks on display


Bandit detail


Raiders... bathed in gallery light

5 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Very cool! Congratulations on the show!

Anonymous said...

It really is a great show and I'm glad it's staying up even longer so more people will get the chance to see it.

I'm also going to go claim my piece this week! Yay me!

Planet Janet said...

What a nice post! The gallery did a great job. What a terrific idea to put those vintage television sets in the center of the room! I can just imagine the atmosphere with those and the theme music playing, and the smell of popcorn. Good going, Victor!

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic...

I took the family to the Gallery last week. We loved it! -Stayed there forever. The kids loved Kermit and Fozzy. I loved Yoda!! You are so talented!!

Heather

Terry Bruno said...

Victor,

I want this Raiders piece so bad!!!! What's a girl got to do?

You are uber talented, I could look at your work all day!

Terry Bruno