Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bandit


From one of my favorites to another: Burt Reynolds, at the time the biggest box office star in the world, playing his most iconic role... the Bandit. I've always been a 'Smokey and the Bandit' fan. I saw it at just the right age as a child, and it made quite an impression. Unlike many tv shows and films I held dear as a child, it holds up quite well. This is a collograph printed with black etching ink and then watercolored. Below is the print before coloring.

Collographs are a simple yet surprisingly sophisticated printmaking technique. Layers of cut construction paper are glued to a piece of mat board and then sealed.


The plate is then inked and printed like an etching.


...I'm east bound and down


2 comments:

belindadelpesco.com said...

breaker one-nine, breaker... (squawk)
That's a real nice print, good buddy. Over.

Anonymous said...

cool -- love it!!!