Monday, March 26, 2007

Taurus the bull


This one goes out to all my fellow Taureans out there. Its coming up fast on the zodiac calendar, so it seems appropriate. I am a taurus, very much so. My father always called me a bull in a china shop and I'm pretty damned stubborn. I don't know how much stock I put in the zodiac, but everything I read about taurus rings very true.

This is a linoleum print or linocut. A linocut is a relief print printed from an image carved into a piece or 'block' of linoleum. Linoleum removed from the surface creates the negative space; the remaining surface holds ink and creates the positive space.

The image size of this print is approx. 4 1/2" x 6" on a 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" piece of black Arches Cover paper. Available for sale here.


1 comment:

Planet Janet said...

I especially like this piece as well as the others you've printed on black printmaking paper. Am not surprised you're a Taurus. I'm a Virgo, persnickety and critical, they say -- how wrong can they be?